CDC has become the first private developer in the Community of Carmacks. Riverbend Homes, a new multi-residential development, on Lot 16 (old trading post store). The new development is owned by CDC and provides a new modern look to the Riverfront residential market.
The development is a multi-million dollar investment in the community. On the first 6 units, CDC worked to design the project and secure a blend of traditional debt, private equity and Yukon Government financial support in order to make the project a success. CDC has completed an additional 6 units in the second Phase of River Homes, with investment from CDC’s Shareholder – Little Salmon Carmacks First Nation.
The new development takes the Village of Carmacks Official Community Plan to heart as we strive to bring new affordable homes to the downtown that is all serviced with a commercial grade well and tied into the Village Septic System. High energy efficiency and a beautiful modern facade will make this a project that stands out in our community.
- Affordable housing – Starting at $1,300 per month
- Most energy efficient housing in Carmacks with R80 walls
- Electric heat – most affordable option for development of this type
- Dedicated well with state of the art water filtration system
- Low maintenance costs and simple living
- Connected to the town’s septic system
- Non-smoking building
- Spacious rooms with high ceilings
- Family orientated building
- Beautiful views of the Yukon River and beyond
- Guaranteed power parking
- Private balconies